RULES FOR OFFICIAL PUBLIC RECORDS
MIDLAND COUNTY CLERK
The Midland County Clerk offers the public free and unhampered access to the use to public records subject to reasonable rules and regulations set out below by the County Clerk to protect the records and to minimize the interference in the Clerk’s Office. These rules are applicable to all parties as follows:
1. Office hours are from 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
2. Copies must be obtained and paid for before 4:30 p.m.
3. Copies printed from computers may be obtained before 4:30 p.m.
4. The public wishing to have copies made from books that are not on line will need to fill out a “Copy Request Form,” present it to the Deputy Clerk for date and time file stamping. The Clerk will attend to your copy request, first come and first served.
5. Copy lists left on the computers will be deleted daily.
6. All individuals using escrow accounts must be listed on the account.
7. Marriage licenses will not be issued after 4:00 p.m.
8. Birth and Death Certificates will not be issued after 4:30 p.m.
9. To protect the quality of the records, no tobacco products, beverages of any kind or food will be permitted.
10. The public may not remove any page from a volume or plat from the plastic cover. The public may copy by camera (no flashes are allowed) the pages will remain in the volumes. Due to a lack of space no one may bring scanning equipment. Due to a concern about damage to records, hand scanners will not be allowed.
11. The Public may purchase, at the price set by the General Service Commission, a DVD of daily or monthly images and index of all records filed in Official Public Records.
12. Electronic or electrical equipment may be limited by the available power sources in the office.
13. The County Clerk may impose such reasonable and necessary requirements to insure safety of the records and the office and maintain efficiency of the office.
14. Any potential disruption to the operation of the Clerk’s Office will not be allowed.
15. Failure to adhere to these rules by any person shall result in the suspension of the copying process until compliance is achieved. The Clerk shall have the right to modify the terms and conditions of the rules based upon unforeseen causes as determined by the discretion of the Clerk.
Adopted this the 3rd day of April, 2008.
Midland County Clerk