Navigate Up
Sign In
User Login

 Elections Office

  Physical Address: 
  2110 North "A" Street, Ste 103  
  Midland, TX 79705

  Mailing Address:
  P. O. Box 3434
  Midland, TX 79702

                                                               Phone: 432.688.4890
                                                               Fax: 432.688.4912
Skip Navigation LinksMidland County > Departments > Elections Office > Frequently Asked Questions


Q: Where do I go to vote?
A:  Midland County utilizes Vote Centers which means that no matter in which precinct you reside, you may vote at any one of the Vote Centers during Early Voting or Election Day.  Visit our homepage to find information about current elections, early voting, and polling places.
Q: Who can vote?
Any United States citizen may vote provided that he/she is:
  • a resident of the county
  • at least 18 years of age on election day
  • registered to vote
  • not a convicted felon (unless a person’s sentence is completed, including any probation or parole)
  • not declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law.
Q: How do I register to vote?
A: You may register to vote at any time.  Postage-free postcard applications are available at the Elections Office.  You may also download the forms from our Forms page, fill them out, and sign it.  You may mail the card or return it in person to our office.
Q: How do I change my address for voting purposes?
A: If you are moving within the county, simply notify the voter registration office in writing of your new address by correcting the information on your current voter registration certificate and returning it to the voter registration office.  If you prefer, you may complete a new voter registration application; just check the box for change.  You will be able to vote in your new precinct 30 days after your notice has been received. In some cases a person can change their Voter Name/addres on-line. Please follow the link Change Voter Name/Address.
Q: What if I lose my voter registration card?
A: Notify the voter registration office in writing, and he/she will issue you a new one.  You may vote without your certificate by presenting proof of identification and signing an affidavit at the polling place.
Q: How do I change my name on my voter registration card?
A: Promptly notify the voter registration office of the change following the same steps as for change of address.  You will receive a new, corrected certificate after your notice is received.  You may continue to vote. 
Q: I just moved to Midland and I want to vote in the upcoming election.  I have not registered in Midland County, but I was registered in my previous county.  How and where do I vote?
You may be eligible to vote a limited ballot (during Early Voting only and at the Elections office) in your new county of residence if:
  • you were qualified to vote in your former county at the time you moved
  • your registration in the new county is not yet active.
Q: If I am a registered voter in Midland County, do I need to re-register before each election?
A: No.  If you are already registered in Midland County, you do not need to re-register to vote before each election.
Q: How do I find out who represents me?
A: If you know the Precinct or District you live in, you can go to the Midland County Elected Officials page.