Minors under the age of 18 must have permission on record with the library to use the Internet.
Minors under 13 MUST HAVE a parent or guardian with them while they are using the Internet.
Otherwise, minors are welcome to use the computers located in the Children's department at the Downtown library.
For more Information, e-mail email@example.com or call, 742-7421.
The library subscribes to several information databases both on its own and through the Texas State Library.
These data bases provide the most current and up-to-date information possible.
Insofar as it is financially possible the library will continue to provide these services to the library users.
Internet Use Policy
- Users must have a valid photo ID or Midland County Public Library card.
The ID/card must be presented at the time the Internet computer is to be used.
- Internet computers are available 10 minutes after the library opens,
and are turned off 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Internet computers are available to qualified users on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Internet computers can be used for 120 minutes a day.
Additional time may be added at the librarian’s discretion.
- Internet computers can be used for educational informational and
recreational purposes only; not for unauthorized, illegal, or unethical purposes.
- Users may not misrepresent themself as another user by attempting to
modify or gain access to files, passwords, or data belonging to others.
- Users may not send, receive or display text or graphics displaying threatening,
harassing or abusive language and/or images or which may reasonably be considered as pornographic.
(Users may request that the filter be turned off, if it is blocking access to legitimate sites).
- Users may not access the computer operating system or make any modifications
to the hardware or software installed on the computers, nor install or download software to the computers.
- Printouts are $0.10 per page (black & white only).
- Library staff will assist patrons with computers as time permits, but may not be familiar with
every application that a person might wish to use. Because of the many different applications available,
we cannot provide complete technical support.
- Two people may work together at an Internet computer provided the second user
has the permission of the person who has signed up.
- Violation of internet policies will result in loss of internet privileges.
- For a full list of library internet policies, ask at help/reference desk.