TEEN ADVISORY BOARD
About TAB: The Teen Advisory Board was formed to give teens the opportunity to participate in and influence teen services at the Midland County Public Library.
Please visit the Downtown or Centennial libraries to fill out an application, or apply here:
When will TAB meet?
TAB meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month (Sept. - Aug.) for about one hour, or as needed, to discuss books, magazines, games, music, web sites, program committees, or other activities and planning.
Meeting Dates: Oct. 8th, 2013, Nov. 12th 2013, Dec. 10th, 2013, Jan. 7th, 2014, Feb. 11th, 2014, Mar. 11th, 2014, Apr. 8th, 2014, May 13th, 2014, June 9th, 2014, July 8th, 2014, Aug. 12th, 2014
What are TAB's rules?
- These rules were created by students at the first TAB meeting:
- The maximum number of absences (excused or unexcused) is 3. Since TAB only meets once every month, we expect consistent attendance. If a member has to miss a meeting, they need to call the Youth Services desk at (432) 742-7445.
- Members must actively contribute during discussions and activities.
- Members must be respectful of others' opinions.
- No cellphones or laptops during meetings.
- We encourage bringing snacks, but please pick up your trash.
- We will have one 15 minute break during meetings.
- Library staff will contact members via group text message to send meeting and event reminders. TAB also has a Facebook group that is used for communication.
Who Can Join?
Any student aged 13-19.
Able to attend monthly meetings.
Willing to review books, music, or magazines orally and/or in writing, for the library teen website or published newsletter.
Willing to participate in TAB discussions and activities.
Willing to respect the tastes, privacy, and opinions of others.