Birth or Death Certificate
We only have access to Texas birth certificates and Midland County death certificates.
- Application for Birth or Death Verification Letter
- Application for Birth or Death Certificate
- Download application and mail the completed application, a notarized copy of your valid driver’s license and payment to:
Midland County Clerk
P.O. Box 1350
Midland, TX 79702
Fees & Payment
- Fee for a Birth Certificate is $23 each.
- Fee for a Death Certificate is $21 for the 1st copy and $4 for each additional copy ordered at the same time.
- Payment can be cash, money order, credit or debit card (convenience fee applied). To pay with a credit or debit card please include your phone number so we can contact you for a payment over the phone. We do not accept personal checks.
You must be a qualified applicant:
- The registrant
- Immediate family member by blood, marriage or adoption (children, spouses, parents, siblings or grandparents of registrant)
- His or her guardian
- His or her legal agent or representative
Proof of Identity
You must provide proof of identity. If mailing in application you must provide a notarized proof of identity. In the absence of primary identification you can provide two forms of secondary identification or one piece of secondary identification plus two pieces of supporting identification.
You will need two secondary or one secondary and two supporting documents.
- Certified birth certificate from the Department of State
- Current Student Identification
- DD form 214 Certificate of release Department of State
- Foreign Identification with identifiable photo of applicant
- Foreign Passport in accordance with the U.S. Department of State, Visa waiver program
- Medicaid or Medicare card
- Medical Insurance card
- Primary Identification that has expired
- Private company Employment Identification card
- Signed Social Security Card accordance with the U.S. Department of State, Visa
- Veterans Affairs card
You will need two of the following documents:
- Bank account statement
- Official school transcript
- Police report of stolen identification
- Public assistance applications or letters
- Recent bank account statement
- Recent paycheck stub
- Recent utility bill with current address
- Signed valid voter's registration card
- Automobile insurance card
- Certified birth certificate any state, District of Columbia or other country
- Divorce decree
- Hospital admission records, immunization records, medical bills
- Lease agreements
- Marriage License
- Promissory notes or loan contract
- Social Security letter