All eligible inmates will be allowed a maximum of two visitors per visiting day by family members or other visitors. Inmates will have a minimum of twenty (20) minutes per visitor. A visitor may visit only once per visitation day, on non-consecutive days, with 4 total visits a week per inmate. Visits are by video visitation. All inmates may have visitors during scheduled visiting times listed below:
A. Visiting Hours
1. Saturday: 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
2. Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
3. Monday: 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
4. Tuesday: 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
B. Authorized Visitors
1. An inmate may receive visit from family including the inmate's children, friends, associates, or legal counsel.
2. Children (under 17 years of age) – Sons, daughters, stepsons and stepdaughters will be permitted to visit their parents during the first full visitation week of each month. The first full visitation week of the month is defined as the first Saturday through Tuesday of the same month. Only one child can visit at a time and must be accompanied at all times by their parent or guardian. This constitutes one of the two visits that the inmate can receive on that visitation day. The parent or guardian is responsible for the behavior and well-being of the child during the course of the visit and while at the visitation facility. If the child becomes disruptive, unruly, out of control or wanders away from the parent or guardian during the course of the visit, the visitation shall be terminated. Continued disruption of this nature may result in the child and/or guardian being denied further visitation. The parent or guardian of the child shall be required to sign a liability release form prior to the child’s first visitation.
An inmate’s guardian shall be placed on an inmate’s visitation list, at the guardian’s request, even if the inmate does not want to list the guardian. The guardian shall provide letters of guardianship to the Detention Division. These letters are required under Section 1002.012, 1106.001-1106.003, Estates Code. A guardian’s visit is in addition to normal visitation during regular visitation hours to an eligible inmate. An eligible inmate means, an inmate, who has not lost visitation privileges due to disciplinary.
3. No Purses, Backpacks, Cell Phones, or other items are allowed in the visitation area. No photographs shall be taken.
4. Children will not be left unattended in the lobby or outside while adults visit.
5. Visitors will be dressed in a proper manner. The shift supervisor will make the final determination if a visitor disputes an employee’s decision.
6. Visitors will conduct themselves in an orderly manner. Visitors will be denied visitation if they have been consuming alcoholic beverages or considered in an intoxicated state.
7. Visitors using abusive language towards any staff member will be denied visitation.
8. Time of visit may vary due to number of visitors. However, normal visitation will be twenty (20) minutes per visitor.
9. Visitors will provide proper identification. Burden of proof will be on the visitor.
10. Attorneys of record may visit inmates in private between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., seven (7) days per week, except when the jail floor is closed for security reasons, feeding or during regular visitation. Attorneys will log in and out with each inmate they visit.
11. Special visits or emergency visits may be approved for attorneys, ministers, family, etc., by the administration or the supervisor on duty.
12. Contact visitation is prohibited.