Library Card Types
Adult Borrower Card
- Must be at least 18 years old and a resident of Midland County or one of the surrounding counties serviced by the Public Libraries
- Must present a government-issued photo identification and proof of current mailing address
- Obtaining a library card is free. To replace a lost/stolen card there is a charge of $1.
Minor Borrower Card
- Parents and/or guardians must register any child under the age of 18
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible for any items checked out to the minor's account
- Playaway Launchpads, Playaway View, and Bookpacks are not available to check out on a minor's card
Temporary Library Cards
Temporary library cards are available for library users living in temporary housing services. Applicants must provide a valid form of identification and proof of receiving mail to one of the following housing services:
- Baptist Crisis Center
- Fair Havens
- New Direction Ministry
- Safe Place
- Salvation Army
- Teen Challenge
Temporary library cards expire every three months. Temporary cardholders must provide proof of address in order for their temporary cards to be renewed for another three months. Checkout items are limited to two books and one Blu-ray / DVDs.
Persons working, but not receiving mail in our service area, may obtain a temporary card by presenting a letter from their employer on company letterhead stating that he or she is working for the company. The letterhead must show the company’s local address and phone number.
Persons with a valid form of identification and a P.O.Box but no physical address, may obtain a temporary card.
Please consult with the library circulation supervisor or branch manager with any questions concerning borrowing library materials.