Library Card Types
Adult Borrower Card
- Must be at least 18 years old and a resident of Midland County or one of the surrounding counties serviced by the Public Libraries
- Must present government-issued photo identification and proof of current mailing address
- Obtaining a library card is free. To replace a lost/stolen card there is a charge of $1.
Minor Borrower Card
- Parents and/or guardians must register any child under the age of 18
- Parents and/or guardians are responsible for any items checked out to the minor's account
- Playaway Launchpads, Playaway View, and Bookpacks are not available to check out on a minor's card
Temporary Library Cards
Temporary library cards are available for library users living in temporary housing services. Applicants must provide a valid form of identification and proof of receiving mail to one of the following housing services:
- Baptist Crisis Center
- Fair Havens
- New Direction Ministry
- Safe Place
- Salvation Army
- Teen Challenge
Temporary library cards expire every three months. Temporary cardholders must provide proof of address in order for their temporary cards to be renewed for another three months. Check-out items are limited to two books and one Blu-ray / DVDs.
Persons working, but not receiving mail in our service area, may obtain a temporary card by presenting a letter from their employer on company letterhead stating that he or she is working for the company. The letterhead must show the company’s local address and phone number.
Persons with a valid form of identification and a P.O.Box but no physical address, may obtain a temporary card.
Please consult with the library circulation supervisor or branch manager with any questions concerning borrowing library materials.