Midland County Public Libraries: A center of learning and literacy, empowering the community to explore, connect, and create.
Efficiently provide citizens excellent and innovative services with integrity, respect, compassion, diligence, accountability, and trust.
Midland County Values
Treat everyone with dignity and compassion.
- Show sincere regard for the worth of people.
- Engage genuinely with others.
- Establish trust by honoring our words with actions.
- Be empathetic and open-minded.
- Do unto others as we would have them do unto us.
Understand the situation and recognize the needs of others.
- Care for others beyond ourselves.
- Be thoughtful of words and actions.
- Recognize the vallue of everyone.
- Show dignity.
- Never use malice.
Be responsible for our actions at all levels.
- Give credit to others for their success; take responsibility for failure; and learn from both.
- Lead by example.
- Take initiative for our own actions, growth, and development.
- Have courage to make difficult decisions.
Believe in the reliability of each other.
- Demonstrate trust toward others and take actions to earn their trust.
- Do what we say.
- Be honest.
- Be consistent and treat everyone equally.
- Communicate and listen.