Application for Ballot by Mail
To be eligible to vote early by mail in texas, you must:
- be 65 years or older
- be disabled
- be out of the county on Election Day and during the period for Early Voting by personal appearance
- be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible to vote
instructions for submitting an application for ballot by mail (ABBM)
- the ABBM form and follow the steps below, or call the Midland County Elections Office to request an application.
- Complete sections 1 through 5 (6 if applicable).
- Sign and date section 5.
- If you were unable to sign the application and someone witnessed your signature, that person must complete section 6.
- If someone helped you complete the application or mailed the application for you, that person must complete section 6.
- Affix postage.
- If you print the application you must place it in your own envelope and add postage.
- If you ordered the application online and it was mailed to you - fold application in half, remove tab along top of application, seal and add postage.
- Address and mail the completed ABBM to the Elections Office at P.O. Box 3434, Midland, TX 79702.
IF AN APPLICATION IS FAXED OR EMAILED, THEN THE ORIGINAL, HARD COPY OF THE APPLICATION MUST BE MAILED AND RECEIVED BY THE ELECTIONS OFFICE NO LATER THAN THE 4TH BUSINESS DAY
MILITARY AND OVERSEAS VOTERS ARE WELCOME TO USE REGULAR REGISTRATION AND EARLY VOTING BY MAIL PROCESS AVAILABLE TO ALL VOTERS AWAY FROM THEIR HOME COUNTY ON ELECTION DAY. HOWEVER, THERE ARE ALSO SPECIAL PROVISIONS FOR MILITARY AND OVERSEAS VOTERS.
For more information, please read the Early Voting in Texas pamphlet.