Application for Ballot by Mail
to be eligible to vote early by mail in texas, you must:
- be 65 years or older
- be disabled
- be out of the county on Election Day and during the period for Early Voting by personal appearance
- be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible to vote
instructions for submitting an application for ballot by mail (ABBM)
- Print the ABBM form, call the Midland County Elections Office to request one or submit an order online and an ABBM will be mailed to you.
- Complete sections 1 through 8.
- Sign and date section 10.
- If you were unable to sign the application and someone witnessed your signature, that person must complete section 11.
- If someone helped you complete the application or mailed the application for you, that person must complete section 11.
- Affix postage.
- If you print the application you must place it in your own envelope and add postage.
- If you ordered the application online and it was mailed to you - fold application in half, moisten top tab, seal and add postage.
- Address and mail the completed ABBM to the Elections Office at P.O. Box 3434, Midland, TX 79702.
You may also submit your application by fax at (432) 688-4912 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IF AN APPLICATION IS FAXED OR EMAILED, THEN THE ORIGINAL, HARD COPY OF THE APPLICATION MUST BE MAILED AND RECEIVED BY THE ELECTIONS OFFICE NO LATER THAN THE 4TH BUSINESS DAY
MILITARY AND OVERSEAS VOTERS ARE WELCOME TO USE REGULAR REGISTRATION AND EARLY VOTING BY MAIL PROCESS AVAILABLE TO ALL VOTERS AWAY FROM THEIR HOME COUNTY ON ELECTION DAY. HOWEVER, THERE ARE ALSO SPECIAL PROVISIONS FOR MILITARY AND OVERSEAS VOTERS.
For more information, please read the Early Voting in Texas pamphlet.