VPN & Remote Desktop Connection
Download & Install Global Protect
1. Connect to your home internet or mobile jetpack.
2. Go to https://vpn.co.midland.tx.us
3. Once there, enter your Midland County username and password (the same username and password that you use for your work computer).
4. After logging in, download the correct version for the OS your device is running. Most devices will run the Windows 64 bit agent.
Click the downloaded program to install the VPN Client.
5. Clicking “Next” on all dialogue boxes will be fine for the install. Click Finish. Follow the directions below to setup Global Protect.
Steps to connect to Global Protect (VPN):
1.Connect to your home internet or mobile jetpack.
2.On the right corner of you task bar is an arrow pointing up. Click on that and click on the globe.
3. Click Connect.
4. Type in your username and password. This will be the same username and password you use to login to your work computer.
5. Log in again
6. Have you cell phone and have the DUO Mobile app open. You will need to approve the connection.
7. Once connected Click on “Do not show this again” on the Welcome to Global Protect Dialogue box.
If successful you will be prompted with “Connected” dialogue box.
Steps to run Remote Desktop
1. Open Remote Desktop by going to the Windows Icon and typing Remote.
2. Click Remote Desktop Connection
3. Enter your office computer name or Ip address and click connect.
Your office computer name will be department (ie “da”) followed by the 5-digit Midland County tag number found on the Blue Sticker on your tower. Ex: da01234 .Some PCs may still have an older naming convention, so if you’re unable to locate your PC name, please contact IT x4830.
9. Enter your credentials: Type in your username and password. This will be the same username and password you use to login to your work computer. User name needs to be in the following format: Midco\”your username”. Make sure you are entering the Midco\ (ie: midco\hmargeson)
10. Check the “Do not ask me again for connections to this computer” and click “Yes”.
If all the steps are followed you will now be connected to your office computer.
Click HERE to view the above instructions in a pdf.