The Midland County Public Libraries are a recognized passport acceptance facility for new passports and renewals. Services are available by appointment only. Please call, email, or complete the online form to schedule an appointment.
Scheduling passport appointments
Passport appointments typically last about 30 minutes per person, per application. When scheduling a passport appointment, please schedule one appointment per person in your group for each new application.
Please complete your application (using black ink only) before your appointment. Check the first page of your application instructions for a list of items required for your application.
Fees & Payment
Please be aware that there are up to TWO separate payments per application - the application fee (payable to the U.S. Department of State) and the acceptance fee (payable to Midland County Public Library, or MCPL).
- We may NOT accept credit card payments on behalf of the State Department. They accept personal checks or money orders only for the application fee.
- Acceptance fees in the amount of $35 are assessed for NEW applications and may be paid by money order or credit card.
- Additional fees for passport cards and passport books may apply. Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for updated fees.
Be sure to bring the required documents to your passport appointment:
- a valid form of photo identification;
- proof of U.S. citizenship;
- a passport photo according to the photo requirements;
- and the completed passport application.
MCPL is not a photo center and cannot take photos for applicants. Valid forms of photo identification include:
- Valid and current Driver's License or state-issued ID
- Military ID
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal)
For printable PDF applications and more information on applying for a passport, please visit the U.S. Department of State at www.travel.state.gov. For your convenience, application forms are linked below.
Type of Form
Use this form if...
DS-11 - Application for a U.S. Passport
|...you're applying for the first time, you're applying for your child who is under age 16, or you don't meet the requirements to renew your passport.|
|DS-82 - Renewal Application||...you meet the requirements to renew your passport. Keep in mind that children under age 16 cannot renew their passports.|
|DS-5504 - Data Corrections, Name Changes, & Limited-Validity||...you need to change or correct your passport, or you need to replace a passport that was limited to less than 10 years validity (which is the normal validity period for an adult's passport).|
|DS-64 - Reporting Lost or Stolen||...you lost your passport or it has been stolen. To replace a lost or stolen passport, you must apply in person and submit Form DS-11 in addition to Form DS-64.|
|DS-3053 - Consent for Issuing to a Child||...one parent or guardian cannot go with the child to apply in person for the child's passport. The parent or guardian should submit this special form in addition to their child's application (DS-11).|
|DS-5525 - Special Family Circumstances||...one parent or guardian cannot locate the other parent or guardian. The parent who is applying should submit this special form in addition to their child's application (DS-11).|
|DS-86 - You Did Not Receive Your U.S. Passport||...the U.S. Department of State completed and mailed your passport, but you did not receive it within 10 of mailing. Call the National Passport Information Center and the customer service representatives will walk you through this form.|