October 22, 2021
Literary Pumpkin Contest - Entries Due by 12pm!
Friday, October 22, 2021
Contest rules available in the Youth Services department. Pumpkins must be entered by noon on 10/22.
This year, the library is getting into the fall spirit by hosting a pumpkin decorating contest. Kids, middle grade children, teens, and adults are invited to decorate a pumpkin like their favorite book character. It’s easy and fun for the whole family! Participants may bring in a decorated pumpkin to either Centennial or the Downtown library and enter it into our contest October 4 – October 22.
All entries must be received by 12:00pm the day of October 22.
- ABSOLUTELY NO CARVED PUMPKINS! Carved pumpkins rot, attract bugs, and smell. Most importantly, we don’t want a child handling a knife or carving tools. Carved pumpkins will not be entered into the contest and will be sent home. Pumpkins may be painted, hot glued, colored, etc.
- Pumpkins should represent a favorite book character. On the entry form, you must write the title and author of the book. All designs must be family-friendly.
- This is a home project. Participants should do most of the work themselves, with only some assistance, for fair judging in their respective category.
- Please drop off your pumpkins and contest entry forms to the Youth Services help desk at either Centennial or Downtown beginning October 4th, 2021.
- Do not write your name anywhere on the pumpkin. When you bring your pumpkin and entry form to Youth Services staff, they will record the information so that each pumpkin can be properly identified.
- Pumpkins will be judged according to the following categories:
- Kids (Age 4-12)
- Teens (Age 13-19)
- Adults (Age 18+)
Voting will be conducted Oct 22nd – Oct 27th. Winners will be announced on Midland County Public Libraries’ Facebook and Instagram October 28th at 4pm. Follow the libraries by visiting https://www.facebook.com/tallcitylibraries/
All pumpkins will need to be picked up on Saturday, October 30th at your drop-off location. Any remaining pumpkins will be discarded.
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category.