After serving the county taxpayers for over 15 years, Mitzi Baker was elected Midland County Treasurer and sworn into office on November 12, 2004.
"It is an honor to serve the citizens of Midland County for over 32 years now. I am dedicated in serving the taxpayers and each county employee."
"Being the chief custodian of county funds, the receipt of funds and the management and designation of these funds is a daily task performed by my office with many safeguards in place to assure taxpayer dollars are accounted for, designated properly, invested properly, and most importantly, secure. Along with this responsibility, my office takes great pride in providing service to the 600 plus employees and retirees of Midland County. Many hours are spent each month preparing payroll, and insuring correct deductions and payment to each employee. Being the Administrator for the county's health and dental insurance plan, my office works daily providing a liaison between medical providers, employees, and the insurance contractor."
Professional Certifications & Affiliations
- Currently Immediate Past President of the County Treasurer's Association of Texas 2021-2022
- The 2014 Texas Outstanding County Treasurer, August 2014
- Acknowledged by the Texas Association of Counties as County Investment Officer - October 15, 2004
- Elected Region 3 Director for the County Treasurer's Association of Texas (C.T.A.T.) - 2007-2010
- C.T.A.T. Long Range Planning Committee and Directory Committee - 2006 to 2008
- C.T.A.T. Audit Committee Chairman - 2010 to 2015
- C.T.A.T. Education Committee Co-Chair 2010, Chairman 2011
- Active Executive Board Member Midland County Republican Women - 2007 to 2008
- Secretary, Midland County Republican Women - 2009