Requesting a Transcript
- Email Monica Lancaster, the official Court Reporter of the 441st District Court or call her at 432-688-4523 with the cause number, style of the case, and the date of hearing.
- The Court Reporter will then “reply” with a total dollar amount to be paid by cash, money order, cashier’s check, or personal check at the discretion of the Court Reporter.
Requesting a Hearing
- Unless you want a hearing set at the Court’s convenience, request potential hearing dates from the Court Coordinator via email with all parties copied on the email.
- The Coordinator will then “reply all” with available dates and times.
- Please do not copy the Court Coordinator with all the discussions of which date is best.
- Once the parties have agreed to a date and time, email the Court Coordinator with the agreed date and time and attach an Order Setting Hearing, including email addresses after the Judge’s Signature Line. Make sure you copy all parties on the email with the agreed setting.
Please Note: This Court does not accept ‘Notices of Hearings’ only Orders.
Requesting a Continuance or Re-setting A HEARING
- Prior to contacting the Court, both parties must confer with each other in order to avoid unnecessary court time.
- If both parties are in agreement, please file your agreed motion and submit an agreed order for the Judge’s approval.
- Prior to trial, mark all exhibits with sequential numbers beginning with 1, 2, 3, and so on. Do not use alphabet letters.
- Prior to trial, provide a list of numbered exhibits to the Court Reporter.
Jury / Non-Jury Charge
Prior to trial, email your proposed or suggested Charge to the Court Coordinator in Word form.
REQUESTING AN INTERPRETER
- In Criminal cases an Interpreter will be provided in most cases with advance notice and prior approval of the Court.
- In Civil cases it is the responsibility of the parties to hire an Interpreter. However, the Court will be happy to assist in locating an Interpreter with advance notice.