Requesting a Transcript
Email Sherri Capps, the Official Court Reporter of the 385th District Court the cause number, style of the case, date of hearing, and requested portions of record.
Requesting a Hearing
- Unless you want a hearing set at the Court’s convenience, request potential hearing dates from the Court Coordinator via email, with all parties copied on the email. Please include how much time you need set aside for the hearing in the email.
- The Coordinator will then “reply all” with available dates and times.
- Please do not copy the Court Coordinator with all the discussions of which date is best.
- Once the parties have agreed to a date and time, email the Court Coordinator with the agreed date and time and e-file an Order Setting Hearing for Judge to sign. Make sure you copy all parties on the email with the agreed setting.
Please Note: this Court does not accept “Notices of Hearings” only Orders Setting. Please keep in mind that dates and times may have been previously given out, so, it is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Requesting a Trial Continuance or Resetting of a Hearing
- Prior to contacting the Court, both parties must confer with each other in order to avoid unnecessary court time.
- If both parties are in agreement, please file your agreed motion and submit an agreed order for the Judge’s approval. The Judge may require a hearing. The continuance or re-set is not granted until the Judge’s signature is on the order.
- To a request a reset of a hearing you must get the agreement of the opposing party via email. Forward the agreement to the coordinator with your request.
- Prior to trial, mark all exhibits with sequential numbers beginning with 1, 2, 3, and so on. Do not use alphabet letters.
- All exhibits are to be one-sided.
- All audio/video exhibits must be in proper .mp3 or .mp4 formats.
- Prior to trial, provide a list of numbered exhibits to the Court Reporter.
When requesting real time, you must contact the court reporter 30 days prior.
Prior to trial, email your proposed or suggested charge to the Court Coordinator in Word format.