- County Government
- District Attorney
- About Us
- Environmental Enforcement
- Submit a Complaint
Submit a Complaint
The Midland County District Attorney’s Office Environmental Enforcement Unit is committed to providing professional, high quality services to all citizens. The Midland County District Attorney’s Office does not tolerate misconduct or wrongdoing on the part of its staff. If individuals believe they have been subjected to, or witnessed, Law Enforcement misconduct of any type, we encouraged them to report the incident.
Midland County District Attorney’s Office is responsible for ensuring that complaints of officer misconduct are investigated and handled properly.
THINGS TO REMEMBER WHEN MAKING A COMPLAINT
When filing a complaint, the following information is very important when describing the event:
- The day, date, time, and location of the incident
- The officer's name, badge number, and physical description
- Witnesses' name(s), address, and phone numbers
- License numbers for any vehicle(s) involved in the incident
- Any other evidence you feel may be important, such as copies of traffic tickets, incident reports, photographs, and medical records. If you have injuries, include their nature and extent.
It is vitally important that you file your complaint as soon as possible. You have the right to make a complaint against an officer for any improper police conduct. This agency may find after investigating the complaint, there is not enough evidence to warrant action on your complaint. Even if that is the case, you have the right to make the complaint and have it investigated if you believe the officer behaved improperly. This complaint form is an official record of the Midland County District Attorney’s Office. It is against the law to make a complaint that you know to be false and you may be charged and prosecuted for a crime.
- Must be completed by a person who is over the age of 18 or legal guardian / parent if under 18 years of age and has personal knowledge of the events.
- Download the appropriate complaint form.
- Bring completed form to Midland County District Attorney’s Office with proper government identification. We are located at 500 N Loraine Street Suite 200.
- You can receive the complaint from in person or call 432-688-4411 with any questions.
- Important: Do not sign the complaint form until advised by Midland County District Attorney’s Office personnel.