About the Program
TexShare is a reciprocal library card program from the Texas State Library. TexShare library cards allow registered borrowers of participating libraries in Texas to borrow materials from other libraries. Over 200 Texas academic and public libraries participate in the program.
Requesting a TexShare Card from Midland County Public Libraries
A TexShare card issued by Midland County Public Libraries (MCPL) is good for one year from the date of issue. To receive a TexShare card from Midland Public Libraries, borrowers must meet the following conditions:
- Show proof of current residence within our service area
- Be 18 years old or older
- Present current photo identification in person
- Your Midland Public Library account must be in good standing with no overdue materials and no outstanding charges for lost or damaged materials
- You must be a borrower with full privileges and not a new borrower
- You agree to abide by the rules, policies, and procedures of the TexShare care program and its participating libraries
TexShare Visitor Card for Midland County Public Libraries
If you have a TexShare card from your home library, you may use it to obtain a free library card from Midland County Public Libraries (MCPL) to borrow up to 10 items. No more than five items can be DVDs. The TexShare card does not allow borrowing of Playaway items, audiobooks, or videogames. It also does not access MCPL electronic resources.
To obtain an MCPL card, you will need to present your photo identification with current address, your TexShare card, and your library card from the library that issued the TexShare card to you. Midland County Public Library borrowing privileges with the TexShare card will expire on the expiration date of the TexShare card. TexShare card users must abide by the rules, policies, and procedures of Midland County Public Libraries and the TexShare program.